Below you will find a link to our membership application. Please read this entire page and the rest of the information provided on this site before applying.
One of the most important aspects of co-operative living is participation. Co-ops are able to keep their housing charges low by depending on the volunteer efforts of their members to help with the management of the co-op. Before you apply for membership in a co-operative community, you should discuss with your family how you plan to adjust your lifestyle to make time to contribute to your neighborhood.
Potential members must be prepared to agree to the following basic principles:
- That they own their units collectively as members of the co-op.
- That they actively participate in the design, development and continuing management of the co-op community.
- That they will attend general membership meetings.
- That they volunteer to serve on the Board of Directors or one of the committees, which helps to reduce the operating costs of the co-op.
- That should they move out they will accept, at par value, the redemption of their original share purchase, regardless of current property values. In return, those members will benefit by obtaining quality housing at a reasonable cost.
Our 75 units consist of:
19 x 2-bedroom units @ $1054 - $1073 / month + $3,500 share purchase
49 x 3 bedroom units @ $1,315 - $1,328 / month + $3,500 share purchase
7 x 4 bedroom units @ $1,449 / month + $3,500 share purchase
If you would like to apply for membership, you can download the Tyee Co-op application.
*If you're using Windows, you might need to right-click, or if you're using a Mac, Command-click.
*Most computers already have a PDF reader installed, but if you need one, download Adobe's free PDF Reader for the Mac OS or Windows or you can get the is open source alternative Office suite, LibreOffice.
Completed applications should be mailed or dropped off to:
Attention: Membership Committee
#1-103 Wilson Street
Victoria, BC, V9A 6X1
Contact our office with any questions:
Phone: (250) 360-1163
Fax: (250) 360-1050